1) What are the concrete tests?
Slump test, Compressive strength test, water permeableness test, Water absorption test
2) What’s least cover provided for various RCC Members?
- Footing = 50 millimeter
- Column = 40mm
- Beam = 25mm
- Slab = 20mm
3) What’s the distinction between one-way block and two-way slab?
- One way slab: magnitude relation of Longer Span / Shorter span > two
- Two method slab: magnitude relation of Longer span/ shorter span <= two
4) What are the cement sand ratios for numerous grades of concrete mix?
- M10 – 1:3:6
- M15 – 1:2:4
- M20 – 1:1.5:3
- M25 – 1:1:2
- M30 – 1:1:1
5) What’s the unit weight of Steel?
- The unit weight of Steel is 78.5KN/m3
6) What does one mean by the instant of inertia?
- An amount expressing a body’s tendency to resist angular acceleration that is the ad of the merchandise of the mass of every particle within the body with the sq. of its distance from the axis of rotation.
7) What is a crank length within the slab?
- The crank length in slab is zero.42 D. wherever D is Depth of Slab- prime cover – Bottom cover.
8) How does one check the standard of cement on the site?
- Date of Mfg: Cement strength decreases with its age.
- Color: color ought to be gray with light chromatic shade and it ought to be uniform. Color provides a sign of excess lime or clay.
- Float test: Decent cement won’t float if you throw cement in water.
- When you place your hand in cement bag you ought to feel cool.
9) What is the Unit Weight of concrete?
- The unit weight of concrete depends on the kind of aggregates and quantity of voids. As per IS: 456-200 Unit weight of PCC is 24KN/m3 and RCC is 25KN/m3
10) What are the kinds of a slump?
- True Slump: The concrete mass once the test once slumps equally all around while not disintegration is named actuality slump.
- Shear Slump: once half of the concrete mass fall in the opposite is named the shear slump. This kind of slump is obtained during a lean concrete combine.
- Collapse Slump: once the sample is folded because of adding excessive water, it’s referred to as collapse slump
- Zero Slumps: For terribly stiff or dry mixes it doesn’t show any changes of the slump once removing the slump cone.
11) What does one mean by honeycomb in concrete?
- Honeycomb, conjointly referred to as air pocket, is nothing however the air voids in concrete. It’s sometimes fashioned throughout concrete casting.
12) What is the initial and final setting time of ideal cement mix?
- Initial setting time for ideal cement combine is around half-hour for nearly all quite cements. For masonry cement it will be ninety minutes. Final setting time of ideal cement combine ought to be ten hours at max. For masonry cement it shouldn’t exceed twenty four hours.
13) What is the Compressive Strength of brick?
- Second category brick-70kg/cm2
- First class brick-105kg/cm2
- Fire brick-125kg/cm2
14) What are common ways of hardening the concrete?
- Wet covering of Surface
- Application of natural process chemicals
- Steam natural process
15) What is harm in concrete?
- Bleeding is one variety of segregation, wherever water comes intent on the surface of the concrete, being lowest relative density among all the ingredients of concrete.
16) How to notice the burden of steel bar utilized in reinforcement?
- Weight of Bar in kg/m = D²/162.2 D- DIA of bar in millimeter
17) What are the kinds of cement?
- There are numerous sorts of cement that are: ordinary Portland cement (OPC), White cement (WPC), Portland Pozzolana Cement (PPC), Low Heat cement, colored cement, Hydrophobic cement, speedy Hardening Cement, Portland scoria Cement, sulfate resisting cement, etc.
18) When we would like Pile foundation?
- Pile foundation is adopted once the Soil bearing capability is a smaller amount than 24KN/M3
19) What is the operate of stirrups within the column?
- Stirrups are provided to handle the sheer force and to carry the rebars (main bars) in position
20) What do you realize “TMT”?
- TMT stands for “Thermo automatically Treated”. Typically we tend to use TMT bars and sheet for construction functions for the rationale that they need high strength and high corrosion resistance compared to traditional steels.
21) What’s the peak of every floor?
22) What are the kinds of foundation utilized in construction?
- There are primarily 2 sorts of foundation: Shallow & Deep foundation. Once more shallow foundation will be classified as unfold footing, combined footing, strap or cantilever footing and at last mat or raft footing. Deep foundations will be classified as pile footing, pier footing, caissons footing and well foundation.
23) Name numerous authorities or staff on a construction site?
- Senior Engineer/Project manager
- Site Engineer
24) What are the functions of column during a building?
- Column could be a vertical member in building whose primary operate is to support structural load and transfer it through beams. Higher columns transfer the load to the lower columns and at last to the bottom through footings.
25) What is grouting?
- Grout could be a fluid variety of concrete that is employed to fill the voids.
26) What are varied tests for checking brick quality?
- We can use water absorption check, hardness check, form & size, crushing strength check, soundness check, etc. to ascertain the brick quality
27) What is guniting?
- It is a method within which mixture of cement & sand in proportion of 1:3 is shooted on concrete surface with the assistance of cement gun harassed of two to three kg/cm2. It’s an extremely effective method for repairing concrete walls or broken surfaces.
Read Also :- Exciting Career Ways for Civil Engineering Students